- The Limpopo Gambling Board was established in terms of Section 2 of the Limpopo Gambling Act (Act No. 4 of 1996) and retained in terms of section 3 of the Limpopo Gambling Act no. 3 of 2013.
The Board is a juristic person and is regulated among others by the following statutes:
- The Limpopo Gambling Act (Act No. 4 of 1996), as amended;
- The National Gambling Act (Act No. 33 of 1996), as amended;
- The Public Finance Management Act (Act No. 1 of 1999), as amended.
The Board will ensure compliance with the following Legislation:
- The Limpopo Gambling Act (LGA);
- The National Gambling Act (NGA);
- Broad-Based Black Empowerment Act no 53 of 2003;
- The Financial Intelligence Centre Act (FICA); and
- Any other relevant Legislation.
- To promote a culture of responsible gambling in the Province. To ensure the eradication of all forms of illegal gambling in the Province.
- To ensure a creation of an organisation capable of recruiting, retaining, continuosly developing its workforce, and aiming at enhancing its effectiveness and employee well-being.
- To ensure the availability of real time information using technology in support od decision making processes.
- To ensure that the board has and maintains an appropriate procurement and provisioning system which is fair, equitable, transparent, competitive and cost effective.
- To ensure that the Board establishes, implements, and maintains good principles of corporate governance, accounting practices, and sound system of internal control.
- To ensure that the Board plans and utilizes limited resources economically, efficiently and effectively.